Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Problems with memorizing speeches

My last speech an informative speech was over how to make barbecue sauce the way my grandma used to make it a long time ago.  I tried to memorize what I was going to say about my speech, such as the place barbecue sauce originated from, the different variations in different parts of the United States and other such information that would of helped my speech.  When I got up there it came out different and I forgot just about all that I was going to say about my topic.  It started out alright, but then when it came to the actual information I forgot everything that I tried to memorize and there was long pauses in my speech every couple of words because I forgot what I tried to memorize.  All I got to say is next time I give a speech my visual aids are going to be a PowerPoint, that way I can have pretty much exactly what I'm going to say to the class, and maybe not have long pauses and sound more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment